Last updated: October 14, 2018
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Dark Odds Ltd, registered in the UK.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Data we collect
Once we have your explicit consent, we may collect and process the following data types, when you make use of our services:
- Identifiers: device IDs (e.g. IDFAs or GAIDs, etc.), IP address
- Behaviour data: session data, engagement time, device type, in-app actions, clicks and views of game elements or marketing content
We collect data via partner services and their SDKs (Software Development Kit) implemented into our applications and services. Such partners may include GameAnalytics, Google, Facebook, and other similar providers.
Purpose of processing
Data we collect may be used to:
- Improve our applications and services
- Tailor content you receive through our applications and services to your specific preferences
- Market our apps and services or other apps and services, and monetize our apps and content
- Develop new apps and services
- Create usage statistics and behaviour profiles
- Communicate with you about our services or partner apps and services
Your consent for mobile services may be withdrawn at any time, by accessing our app settings.
Personal data of children
We do not knowingly collect any personal data for individuals under 16 years old.
Data retention period
We will continue to process your information under this basis for no longer than 5 years, or until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We will disclose any information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data processing and analytics providers and we do not store any personal information outside of these systems. Our methods and providers meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- IP address
- Subscription time & date